Headteacher: Mrs Carol Taylor
Phone: 02380 843162
Orchard Junior School and Hampshire County Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment.
All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
LEARNING SUPPORT ASSISTANT / LIBRARY ASSISTANT
START DATE: SEPTEMBER 2023 8:30 am 3.30 pm (32.5 hours per week)
Orchard Junior School have a vacancy for someone to work as a Learning Support Assistant with Library Assistant duties.
This is a permanent vacancy. We are looking for an enthusiastic, organised, experienced and caring person to join our friendly team of staff.
The role will mainly involve supporting groups of children in their learning under the direction of the class teacher, as well as providing general classroom assistance and pastoral support for the pupils. Some one to one pupil support may also form part of the role.
The Library Assistant element of the role will include organisation of the library area, helping pupils and staff source books, using the Libresoft software package to scan books in and out, ensuring the library area in the heart of the school is inviting and including vibrant engaging displays which change on a regular basis, reading with pupils, organising Book Fairs and Reading Challenges.
• Have empathy with pupils and be sympathetic to their needs. • Have excellent literacy/numeracy skills. • Have well developed interpersonal skills and sense of humour enabling effective relationships with a variety of different people. • Be a team worker. • Be able to use ICT effectively to support learning. • Demonstrate good communication skills and be able to clarify and explain instructions clearly. • Be professionally discrete and able to respect confidentiality on particular issues. • Have an extensive knowledge of books for children of junior age. • Experience of working successfully with children. • An understanding of child-initiated learning. • Awareness of the importance of safeguarding in an educational context. In terms of qualifications and experience, you will ideally: • Have a working knowledge of the national curriculum, particularly literacy and numeracy requirements, and other relevant learning programmes/strategies • Be trained, or be willing to train to at least to NVQ3 standard in Childcare • Have experience of working with children
The Learning Support Team at Orchard is highly skilled, dedicated and lots of fun so the successful candidate will have plenty of support in a happy environment
Application forms available: via the school website www.orchardjunior.com – please return to Angela Symes, School Business Manager, email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 12 noon Monday 5th June 2023
Interview date: Thursday 8th June 2023 during the afternoon
Library Assistant Job Profile
LSA Job Profile
Equalities Monitoring Form
START DATE: SEPTEMBER 2023
9.00 am until 4.30 pm (35 hours per week)
Orchard Junior School have a vacancy for an Administrative Assistant to work with our highly
experienced, friendly admin team.
We are looking for a calm, friendly, energetic, versatile person who is willing to be flexible with
both working hours and the duties they undertake. You are the type of person who is able to
multi task, work on their own initiative, react to circumstances and demands as they arise. We
need someone who will ‘muck in’.
Ideally you will have an excellent interpersonal manner and highly developed ICT skills as part of
the role will include keeping the school website and other social media platforms current. Duties
also include updating various inventories and providing basic ICT support to colleagues. You will
also need to be discreet as you could be asked to undertake personal assistant duties to support
the school’s Senior Leadership Team. You will need to have a cheerful nature when dealing with
parents and school visitors, be courteous and professional at all times and have a pleasant
telephone manner. Prior experience of working in an office would be advantageous, especially a
You must be a team player and someone who thrives on the demands of a very busy school office
environment together with the understanding of the importance of complete confidentiality. You
must be able to work under pressure and be able to prioritise your work at a moment’s notice. A
sense of humour is essential as is an understanding that no two days in a school are ever the
Your job will be to assist in the general daily admin tasks, including reception duty. You will be
responsible for the day-to-day management of processing school dinners, dinner and trip income
reporting to teachers using Tucasi (our school dinner and income software package). You will be
part of a team of qualified first aiders looking after the children together with general wellbeing.
Ideally you will be in experienced in using the Arbor Management Information System, Tucasi,
CPOMs and Inventry. We will offer training on all aspects of the role and provide ongoing support
from all the members of the excellent Admin team. Your role could also include covering
lunchtime supervision duties and supporting classes as required, working with small groups or
individual children under the direction of the class teacher.
As part of the office team, you may be ‘front of house’ dealing with children, parents, visitors and
contractors. Ensuring the safeguarding of our pupils through checking attendance and visitors to
the school is vital. Visitors and contractors alike must be thoroughly vetted and inducted prior to
admission to ensure the correct checks are in place and documentation has been checked to
verify credentials. The role will entail: the preparation of communications with parents,
answering the telephone and dealing with parent queries, general administration generated from
senior leaders and the teaching staff. You will need to be able to process information
confidentially working under the practice of the GDPR).
• Good organisational skills
• Ability to work on your own and as part of a team
• Good ICT skills (a knowledge of Arbor, CPOMs, Tucasi, Inventry and website administration would
• A muck in and can-do approach
• A positive attitude and sense of humour!
• Are flexible and willing to multi task and react to the needs of the school
• Experience of working in admin and possess the related skills
• A warm, welcoming and friendly disposition and be able to put visitors at ease
• Awareness of the importance of safeguarding in an educational context
• Good communication skills and be able to liaise with different stakeholders
• A good standard of education and possess GCSE (or equivalent) level 4 or able in Maths and
• Experience of first aid and medication administration or a willingness to train.
To apply please obtain an application pack from the school website www.orchardjunior.com and
return it to Ms Angela Symes, School Business Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org by
Monday 5th June 2023 at 12.00 noon. Interview date Thursday 8th June 2023 during the morning.
Equalities Monitoring Form
Job Hazard Form