welcome to OJS and welcome to year 3
Hi everybody and welcome to Orchard Junior School.
This page is being written to you, our new children, to help you in this really exciting time. It's also to help you help your parents along the way so that they know you're going to be OK!
Well - more than OK. You're going to shine!
So, first thing's first; let's introduce you to some people you are going to get to know pretty fast when you start here (some of us you might already recognise):
- Mrs Taylor is our Headteacher. She makes sure everyone works hard and is doing their best. She is looking forward to seeing all of you in school in September and loves to hear about all the fantastic topics you will be doing in Year 3. One interesting fact about her is that she likes to make toys by crocheting or sewing.
- Mrs Brigg is our Chair of Governors. She has been Chair of the Governing Board for many years - definitely longer than any of you have been alive!!! She really cares for the School!
- Mrs Knight is our Year 3 Leader. She has been the Year Leader of year 3 for as long as you have been at School, so she knows what she's doing! Mrs Knight will also be one of the class teachers (3RK).
- Next we have Miss Hampton - she will be another class teacher (3JH). She is very kind and caring. She has been at Orchard for three years now, but this is going to be her first year in Year 3. So, she'll need some looking after, too!
- Mrs Micklefield and Mr Parker are going to job-share the final Year 3 class (3PM). Mr Parker will teach on a Monday and Tuesday, He is also the Deputy Head and having spent a few years teaching groups of Years 5 and 6, he is really looking forward to teaching "real" classes again. But you might need to cheer him up on a Monday if Southampton have lost...
- ... Mrs Micklefield will teach 3PM Wednesday to Fridays. She has taught three years of Year 3 at the Juniors before having her daughter and is really looking forward to class teaching again.
- Mrs Hedges will be one of our classroom supports and has been at Orchard for a number of years now. Her son even came through Orchard and so she will really understand how you are feeling right now.
- Miss Downes is another adult who will be supporting your learning. She has bundles of energy and if you're really lucky you might get to do some fun gymnastics with her...
- Mr Taylor is our caretaker and you will see him around the school doing all the things caretakers do, which is basically making sure everything in school is safe and clean!
A few weeks ago we asked your parents if they had any questions for us to answer. Thank you for all your really sensible questions. We have done our best to answer these in the FAQ section below.
We will add more to this page as time goes by, including some tasks we'd like you to do, to help you get ready for what is going to be a brilliant start to Orchard Junior school.
If you need to get in touch with any part of the school, please use the emails below before the end of term:
For anything to do with day-to-day matters in Year 3: email@example.com
For all admin queries, including medical: firstname.lastname@example.org
For SEN matters contact Mrs Atkinson: email@example.com
For ELSA matters contact our ELSA team: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hello our soon to be Year 3!
We are so looking forward to meeting as many of you as we can in just a few days time.
We'd like to ask you all, please, to do a couple of things for us before you come and visit. These are on our home learning page.
See you soon!